On this page:
Library eBooks to Your Kindle
Kindle Library Ebooks
-Using Kindle browser with the Framingham
Public Library WiFi
-Downloading Library eBooks to the Kindle Fire
the Wellesley Free Library about how to borrow library ebooks for your Kindle
eBooks to Your Kindle
1. On a computer, open an Internet browser and go to the Digital Media Catalog website:
2. Click on the “Sign In” tab at the top right corner of the page.
3. Type your library card number with no spaces, then your PIN. (Your PIN should be the last 4 digits of your library card number, unless you have changed it.)
4. Successfully entering your card number and PIN will bring you to the My Digital Media Account page.
5. To find eBooks available to check out immediately, click on the “Advanced Search” link.
6. On the Format drop-down menu, choose Kindle Book. To refine your search further, you may also enter information into the fields above, or select choices from other drop-down menus.
7. Click the check box to show only eBooks that are currently available. Click “Search.”
8. Scroll through the results. Notice that each record includes the notation “Kindle Book.” To start the checkout process, click on “add to cart.” Make sure to click on the “add to cart” that is on the same line as “Kindle Book.”
9. Click on “Proceed to Checkout.”
10. Choose your checkout period, then click “Confirm Checkout.”
11. Click on “Get for Kindle.”
12. Click on “Get library book.”
13. If you have an Amazon account, enter your email address and password. If you do not have an Amazon account, enter your email address and click on the radio button next to “No, I am a new customer.” Click “Sign in using our secure server.”
The first time you borrow a library ebook for your Kindle you might
need to register your Kindle.
The first time you borrow a library ebook for your Kindle you might need to register your Kindle. To do this, after you are signed in to your Amazon account, click “Your Account”, then in the Kindle help section, click “Kindle help home”, then click “Registering Your Kindle”, then click “Register a Kindle”. Enter the Serial Number and click “Register”.
14. Choose the device to which you wish to deliver the e-book. Click “Continue.” If you have wi-fi, the e-book will appear on your Kindle the next time your Kindle connects to the wi-fi.
15. If you do not have access to wi-fi, you will have to transfer the e-book to your Kindle via USB, as follows:
To transfer via USB, plug the Kindle into the computer using the cable that came with your Kindle. On the computer, click “Download Now” and save the file to the downloads folder on the computer. On the computer, open both the downloads folder and the Kindle. Drag the title from the downloads folder into the “documents” folder in the Kindle. (You may also copy and paste, if you prefer.)
Or you can follow these instructions from Amazon
on how to transfer the eBooks via USB.
To return a Kindle ebook, sign into your
Amazon account, click "Manage My Kindle", then from the "Actions" menu
next to the book you want to return, select "Return this book".
Using Kindle browser
with the Framingham Public Library WiFi
To disable Accelerated Page Loading on the Kindle Fire:
a) Go to the Kindle Fire home screen
b) Tap the "Web" command on the top menu bar
c) On the bottom, tap the Menu button (which looks like the top half of a
sheet of paper with some horizontal lines on it)
d) Tap the Settings button that appears
e) Scroll down, and tap the "Accelerate page loading" option to erase the
f) All done - go back to the home screen
eBooks to the Kindle Fire
1.From the Home screen, tap the 'Quick Settings' icon and select More.
3.Turn the switch for "Allow Installation of Applications" to the on
To install the OverDrive app for Android, please go to
http://overdrive.com/Software/omc/ and click on the "Download OverDrive
Media Console for Android from OverDrive" link to install the app. This will allow for the
ability to download EPUB eBooks for reading to the OverDrive app or
Kindle titles to the Kindle app.
When navigating to the library in the app, it will take you to the full
site. You can checkout EPUB or Kindle titles. When clicking on “Get for
Kindle”, the title can be sent to the tablet as long as there is an
active WiFi connection.
Click here to return to the